Monday, May 24, 2010

Cereal Summer

Saturday, my summer officially started. It started because Pete went to Camp Grandma for his yearly summer of fun. This is the fifth year that Grandma has let Pete come stay with her. I'm not sure who loves it more - me, Pete or grandma. Pete counts down the days till he gets to go to grandma's and see the "kids" (what he calls his cousins), spend time with grandma and Aunt Kelly and Aunt Kristie/Uncle Adam and basically do all the things that I usually don't let him do. However, with Pete at grandma's for the summer, I get to do things I usually don't get to do. Go out with friends, go see grown-up movies, sleep late without having someone wake me up every five minutes to give me a time update. Also, this summer, it means no sitting all Saturday and Sunday afternoon watching a Yu-Gi-Oh tournaments.

But, the one thing I get to do that I really really look forward to is eating cereal. I LOVE cereal....I could eat it 3 times a day, every day. Pete, on the other hand, doesn't like cereal at all. So, when he's here, there's no coming home and having cereal for dinner.....no...the boy expects meat. It's Monday evening and I got home from work at 6:20 and you probably guessed, I had Cheerios for dinner. Tomorrow, gonna have corn flakes for dinner. Not sure about Wednesday - maybe puffed rice. I'm almost giddy with excitement! I have a fresh gallon of milk and trust me, it won't go to waste. So, while Pete is in NC enjoying him time with the family, I'm hunkered down in my living room on my couch watching the Discovery channel chowing down on some of General Mills best!

Now, that's what I call enjoying your summer vacation!

2 comments:

KM Angel said...

I'm right there with ya! I do love some cereal! "Kids" do to!! They get that Mace gene!

Kelly said...

Mom and I can wipe out a box of cereal in no time flat. Love me some cereal, but I'm willing to forgo it for a summer with Pete. Love that boy and thrilled that he spends the summers with us.