Monday, June 21, 2010

I Must Be Getting Old

As you know, I recently turned 40. It wasn't a big deal - no party, no gag gifts - just another day. I didn't feel 40 - my patients keep telling me I'm a baby - but now, just a little over a month has passed and I have come to realize I AM OLD!

Last summer, I was going out every night, every weekend, sleep was something you could do when you died! This year, don't freakin wake me up! All I want to do is sleep. I'm becoming my mom. I'll be sitting on the couch watching TV and all of a sudden a totally different show is on. WHAT?? I have NO desire to go out. I've gotten to the point I hate crowds and noise - I'd rather sit at home (with my cats) and watch TV or read.

I ACHE - not just a little bit but every part of my body. My knees, my back, my feet. I groan like an 80 year old when I get up in the morning. And speaking of mornings - there's no bouncing out of bed and heading for the shower. I have to sit up, wait for things to settle and slowly head to the bathroom. My 20 minute morning routine of old now takes me 35 minutes and I still feel like I'm having to rush.

I could go on and on - but I will say this. My patients have it right - "Getting old ain't for sissies"

No comments: